I've always loved the individual squares and colours, but given my total lack of planning of the overall design I've had many doubts about how and even IF they would all work together. But this is where I've got to now, and I think it will all be okay:
The pink squares are all done, which features my own "Lily Pad" design as well as some fabulous other free patterns (all links below).
"Crochet meets Patchwork" Afghan - Pink Granny Square Pattern Round-up
2.5 mm (C) and 3.5 mm (E/4) hooks
Natura fingering cotton yarn
Colours: Topaze, Ivory, Gris Argent, Aswan
individual square size: 10 cm x 10 cm (ca. 4" by 4")
- "Lily Pad" Granny Square by Eline at Pasta & Patchwork
- Standard Crochet Granny Square - goodness knows who came up with this pattern first (!) but I used this step-by-step photo tutorial by Allison at Dream a Little Bigger to learn how to make granny squares.
- Unknown (at least I can't read it!) by domihobby - Just a photo and a diagram on this Russian site, so you'll need to be able to work it out from there.
- Standard Granny Square - see no. 1
- “Sunburst” Granny Square - no idea who came up with this first, but I used this photo tutorial by Jenny at Nittybits to learn.
- Unknown - I found this as part of a set of four diagrams on Pinterest
Square in a Square by Debi at DIy's Hooks and Yarns
- 9 rows of pineapple stitch - I found instructions for this stitch in a crochet dictionary, but unfortunately I haven't come across any good online tutorials. Let me know if you see one!
- Mandala Flower Coaster by Nata at Nata's Nest - isn't this gorgeous?!